Sunday, April 18, 2010

04/11/10

Sorry for the delay in posting this. I wrote it, but couldn't post it last week as our internet service was down. When it began working again, I forgot to post it.

This past week had been very relaxing. We had the week off for Spring break so most of the missionaries took off for a little traveling around Haiti. This year, I didn't go anywhere but just relaxed here. It was great to be able to catch up on some things that I normally don't get to, to catch up on some reading and so on.

Earlier this week, some repairmen with John Deere came here to work on our generator engine. The newer one was still under warranty so fortunately for us, it was repaired at no cost. It is great to have two working generators again. It gives peace of mind to know that if one goes out, you have another option. For most of this year we have been operating on just one so it is great to know that we will be in good shape. I had talked to Roger yesterday about the guys who came and was told that they were headed to Port au Prince to work on some generator there that is over three times as large as our generator. For those of you who give a rip, our generator is 150 kW which powers our entire ministry and what seems like the entire neighborhood. I don't know the exact count, but I have heard that we power aroudn 100 homes including several UN units. It sure gets dark around here when the generator is out. I guess the generator that these guys are going to work on is a 500kW generator. I can't imagine what that would be used for. I thought our generator was hard to work on.

Other than the up and running generator, we haven't had much going on. For those of you who read this and haven't emailed me in a while, please do. I'd be glad to hear from you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"for those of you who give a rip," LOL.