Friday, May 28, 2010

End Of The Year!

Today is the last full day I will be in Haiti and this is my last blog entry. I fly out tomorrow, Saturday, May 29th.

Our graduation went well last Sunday. It is always great to see the students who have worked so hard finally at the transition to their next stage in life. Some of them are excited and some were scared. I know it can be a little tough as many don't know if they will be going off to college or if they will be able to find jobs right away. Our graduates usually don't have too much trouble as they have received a great education and are trilingual by the time they graduate. It's great to look at all of the graduates and to know that they are so much better off because of the teaching hey have been given. Not only with their academic studies, but also with their walks with Christ. Every graduate this year had been baptized except for one. Riccardo asked Mr. Thom if he could be baptized before school was out. He knew that he was going to be leaving this Christian environment and wanted to make the decision before he parted. It was very refreshing to know that he wanted to make that choice before he left. I recorded the baptism on Mr. Thom's video recorder, so I didn't get any pictures. I do have some pictures from the graduation which are below.

Graduates


Students from High School and 8th Grade singing during the ceremony


Nephtalie Elmeus giving a speach with Marc Rocher translating in Creole


Graduates


Roger & Norma speaking with Marc Cadet translating



Roger giving a speech with last year's graduate, Madley Rocher, translating




The past two years have been incredible and I am hoping that one day I might be able to return. I don't know at the moment, but I do know that I will always be connected to Sonlight. I am certain that I will be back to visit on short term trips, but at the moment, I don't know if I will be able to return for a long term commitment again. Thank you for following my blog over the past two years, for your support, your encouraging and funny comments, as well as all of your love for this ministry. Please keep in touch.

Blessings,
Doug

No comments: